Sunday, June 6, 2010

Preparations Leading Up to Departure

Three weeks away from departure and the trip is really coming together. I have made contact with teachers in Morocco whose classes I will visit in their last week before summer break. We have plans to set up classroom to classroom exchanges and I am excited about the possibilities. I have also met with a college professor whose speciality is francophone Moroccan literature --- she will be in Morocco when I am there and promises to help me connect with Moroccan authors and take me to see some of the places that figure prominently in several Moroccan francophone novels. I am trying to make contact with the Jewish community in Casablanca with several promising leads. I am also thrilled that I will be in Morocco for the World Cup finals. Anticipation is exciting! Please follow my trip on twitter: I am listed as "madameaumaroc".

2 comments:

  1. Wow, for all the times you have been to Morocco, this seems like the most challenging and the most interesting! I am so proud of you! Bon Voyage Madame Robillard! Je t'aime mu souer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting stuff. Thanks for letting me know about you blog. Talk to you soon.
    Russell

    ReplyDelete